Carlson McCain is seeking a Civil Field Engineer Intern for the summer of 2024. The primary duties for this position will be construction oversight and documentation under the direction of senior engineering staff. Additional duties may include the operation of GPS survey equipment; sampling of various media including soil, groundwater, surface water, and solid waste; compiling field data and assisting with the preparation of technical reports; and corresponding with clients, contractors, laboratories, etc.
This position will be based in the Plymouth, Minnesota office, but will involve extended time away from the office while at the primary project site. Carlson McCain seeks to hire multiple interns to cover project sites which may be located in Minnesota, North Dakota, or Wyoming. Carlson McCain will provide training and assist with lodging and transportation arrangements for the duration of the project.
- Currently pursuing a degree in Civil, Environmental, or Geotechnical Engineering, Civil Engineering Technology, or related discipline.
- Familiarity with USCS soil classification system.
- Detail-oriented and proficient in documentation and technical writing.
- Good time management and ability to track hours and work independently.
- Clean driving record, and able to drive a company vehicle as necessary.
- Capable of working long days, non-traditional work weeks, construction environment, and outdoor working conditions.
- Previous experience with CAD software and reading and interpreting construction plans and specifications a plus.
Carlson McCain, Inc. is a full-service consulting firm specializing in civil and environmental engineering, land surveying, and environmental services. We provide a great working environment, excellent benefits and pay commensurate with skills. Carlson McCain is an equal-opportunity employer. To apply, please visit our website at www.carlsonmccain.com/company/careers.