Carlson McCain is currently seeking a Summer Engineering Intern for its Plymouth, Minnesota office. The primary duties for this position will be construction oversight and documentation under the guidance of senior engineering staff.
Additional duties may include operation of GPS survey equipment; sampling of various media including soil, groundwater, surface water, and solid waste; compiling field data and assisting with preparation of technical reports; and corresponding with clients, contractors, laboratories, etc.
This position will require working outside at a field site, and will require extensive time out of the office as dictated by the construction site location and schedule. This is a temporary internship position for the summer of 2019.
- Currently pursuing bachelor’s degree or higher in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering Technology, or related discipline.
- Familiarity with USCS soil classification system.
- Detail-oriented and proficient in documentation and technical writing.
- Good time-management and ability to track hours for a variety of projects.
- Clean driving record, and able to drive a company vehicle as necessary.
- Capable of working long days, non-traditional work weeks, construction environment, outdoor working conditions, along with extended travel away from principal office.
- Previous experience with CAD software and reading and interpreting construction plans and specifications a plus.
Carlson McCain, Inc. is a full-service consulting firm specializing in environmental, engineering, and land surveying services. We provide a great working environment, excellent benefits and pay commensurate with skills. Carlson McCain is an equal opportunity employer.