Lee’s Wrecking was a former auto salvage yard in Blaine, Minnesota. Carlson McCain provided environmental services for the Site’s redevelopment, which involved removing a significant volume of auto parts & refuse and preparing the parcel of land for the construction of an 80,000 square foot medical center.
Our overall scope of professional services provided includes:
- Site enrolled in Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) Voluntary Investigation and Cleanup (VIC) and Petroleum Brownfields Programs
- Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments
- Asbestos and regulated waste assessments
- Prepared Response Action Plan (RAP) for approval by MPCA
- Preparation of grant applications to procure $1.1 million in funding
- Removal of surficial debris, 701 cubic yards of visually impacted soil; 9,845 cubic yards of non-visually impacted soil; stabilization and disposal of 633 cubic yards of lead impacted soil to meet Cleanup Goals (Tier II Soil Reference Values and Tier II Soil Leaching Values)
- Beneficially re-used low-level impacted soil for parking lot construction
- Geotechnical investigation
- Construction oversight and coordination for an 80,000 square foot medical center
Client: Premier Commercial Properties
Location: Blaine, MN
For related content, visit our From the Field page.