As a Civil/Environmental Engineer you will perform a variety of tasks associated with coordination and execution of civil engineering design, permitting and construction administration, under the supervision of senior engineering staff.
This will include both field work and office work, and primary duties will consist of construction oversight and documentation, CAD drafting and modeling for grading, drainage and utility plans, and preparation of written reports and technical calculations. Additional duties may include sampling of various environmental media (soil, water, air), construction staking using GPS survey equipment, and corresponding with clients, contractors, vendors, etc., among other tasks.
The position is based out of our Plymouth, MN office. During field projects, the job will require extensive time out of the office and may require out of town travel as dictated by the construction site location and schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Civil or Environmental, or Geotechnical Engineering.
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Familiarity with civil construction practices and experience working safely around heavy equipment.
- Detail-oriented and proficient in documentation and technical writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good time-management and ability to track hours for a variety of projects.
- Clean driving record, and able to drive a company vehicle as necessary.
- 1-3 years experience in solid waste, mining, oil and gas, and/or environmental remediation design and construction.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certified, or ability to obtain certification within one year.
- Experience with HydroCAD stormwater runoff modeling software.
- Experience with Microstation/GEOPAK software.
- Experience with GIS software and mapping applications.
Carlson McCain, Inc. is a full-service consulting firm specializing in environmental, engineering, and land surveying services. We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter.