Description: Perform a variety of tasks associated with coordination and execution of civil engineering design, permitting, and construction administration, under the supervision of senior engineering staff. This role will include both fieldwork and office work, and primary duties will consist of construction oversight and documentation, CAD drafting and modeling for grading, drainage and utility plans, and preparation of written reports and technical calculations. Additional duties may include sampling various environmental media (soil, water, air), construction staking using GPS survey equipment, and corresponding with clients, contractors, vendors, etc., among other tasks.
The position is based out of our Plymouth, MN office. During field projects, the job will require extensive time out of the office and may require out-of-town travel as dictated by the construction site location and schedule. Project sites may feature rough terrain, moving machinery, limited accessibility, and other conditions typical of construction and/or industrial sites. Safety training will be provided.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Civil, Environmental, or Geotechnical Engineering.
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Familiarity with civil construction practices and experience working safely around heavy equipment.
- Detail-oriented and proficient in documentation and technical writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good time-management and ability to track hours for a variety of projects.
- Acceptable driving record, and able to drive a company vehicle as necessary.
- 1-3 years experience in solid waste, mining, oil and gas, and/or environmental remediation design and construction.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certified, or ability to obtain certification within one year.
- Experience with HydroCAD stormwater runoff modeling software.
- Experience with Microstation/GEOPAK software.
- Experience with GIS software and mapping applications.
Carlson McCain, Inc. is a full-service consulting firm specializing in environmental, engineering, and land surveying services. We are an equal-opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. To apply, please visit our website at www.carlsonmccain.com/careers.