A client retained Carlson McCain to prepare a Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plan for an entity’s newly acquired facility. The facility is a truck terminal, maintenance, and fueling center.
Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plans for facilities are prepared and implemented as required by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (US EPA) Regulation contained in title 40, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 112 (40 CFR 112).
The SPCC Plan, constructed by one of our professional engineers, conforms to the requirements of 40 CFR 112 and all its subparts. The plan included the following:
- Spill Countermeasures;
- Emergency Procedures;
- Spill Response Procedures;
- State Spill Notification Procedures;
- Federal Spill Notification Procedures;
- Emergency Contact Lists;
- Identified potential equipment failures;
- Written procedures for monthly inspections, tests, and records;
- Personnel, Training, and Spill Prevention Procedures;
- Facility security measures; and
- Additional requirements include tank car and truck loading/unloading, field-constructed aboveground containers, and more.
*This work is client confidential. We have omitted companies and individuals involved in this project. *
For related content, check out our From the Field page.